Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feels Like I Stepped off Another Planet

I'm back from Germany, adjusting well to thinking in English again, but I admit, I read about 2000 pages and several books in English while there. Why do they have to dub every American television program in German? Never a moment to relax, unless I want to watch Pimp My Ride on MTV, or boring British news. I've discovered that my German is now way better than any of their English, and it is just easier to talk to them in German. I have hand written journals that I wrote everyday there and will post a few of them here under their original dates on this blog. Until then...

Sheep in the garden, lamb on the grill, street cars, friends, family, the Rhine River, moss in fish tanks disguised as modern German art, lots of insightful haiku written, pigeons, cathedrals built in the Gothic period, monasteries built in the Romanesque period, weird modern theatrical art in a regional dialect that I couldn't understand (what was wiht all that paper? I'll never know.), good food, umlauts, Canadian clothes, train trips, and a decade long flame with wood turned to charcoal that needed some fan waves to crackle and spark again.

No comments:

Post a Comment