Thursday, August 27, 2009

Broken Body and Fighting Spirit

I've been offline for a while since a car accident that put me in a lot of pain. The worst thing that can happen to me is to loose my freedom, and being stuck in bed for days has taken it's toll on my spirt. My best friend keep calling on me, as well as a few other important people in my life, which helped. I wasn't able to cry or even laugh without extreme pain, sometimes staring at the ceiling alone for hours in silence. Yesterday after what must have been two whole days of laying on my back, I was able to get up. I could barely walk, but made my way to the deck hanging off the top story of my house to see outside. There was a cool late August breeze, wet wood on my bare feet, and Sandia Peak in my backyard. Nothing is more beautiful than something we take advantage of everyday, until it is taken away from us.

It wasn't easy getting up, it sometimes took me a few hours to stand up, every slight movement very painful. I never give up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment