Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Year in Photos

January

Albuquerque New Years with elk posole, hand made tortillas, and these dogs wanting to come out and join us by the fire on the patio.



February

Rows of Air Force solar panels, the Vegas strip, and snow covered mountains as I worked.



March

Visited a friend in Tombstone, AZ, made an interesting new one. I saw this monk wandering around taking photos of everything, as wonder bread cracked jokes about him.



April

Working near this pretty horse in a field of fresh flowers, outside of San Diego, CA.



May

Blues festival after a few days of frog training, lots of biker leather, tie dye, and local cowboys laying in the hot sun in Silver City, NM. You drink too much sody pop there cowboy? Looking for a port-o-potty that has been baking in the sun.



June

I went camping in the US Virgin Islands alone for some peace, solitude, and turquoise water. Click here for haiku about my trip.



July

Dinner, two-stepping and cattle roping all at the same spot in Brownsville,TX.



August

Even Walmart was roasting green chili, everyone does this time of year in Albuquerque.



September

Mini Oktoberfest near Bonn, Germany. Click here for haiku about this trip.



October

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta with a cup of hot coco in one hand, and my camera in the other.



November

The roads traveled alone are always the most thought provoking. Somewhere in Northern New Mexico by myself. Click here and here for haiku about this trip.



December

Look, I can stay warm with a blanket, and hold my coco and the remote at the same time in my Snuggie! So stylish and slimming too!

5 comments:

  1. A calender of photos, from the cut glass door to the snuggie: I offer my best wishes for a Merry Christmas... and a very Happy "Twelve More Photos!" _m

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice set! And you have been to Germany? "Mini-Oktoberfest" is a nice word for Kirmes, Jahrmarkt, Rummel and so on ;-)

    Best wishes
    Ralf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they didn't call it Oktoberfest like so many cities in the US do. It was something ending in a "markt" I think, "Jahrmarkt" sounds right. My favorite part was the houseplant auction, the autioner was pretty funny too. I have been to Germany numerous times over the last decade because of love...that now is lost. I might never go again. I have some informal haikus from my trip too around September if you want to have a look on my haiku blog. I speak monderate Deutsch.

    Thank you both for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added 4 links on photos to corresponding haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your personal situation. But whoever it was: Germany is worth travelling anyway! :-)

    Best wishes
    Ralf

    ReplyDelete