Monday, February 8, 2010

Take this Job and Shove It!

I was a potter living up in the Sandia Mountains, in a cabin surrounded by pine trees and mountain chikadees. The fresh air and watermelon red soil brought me simple joy. My savings was running dry though after several months, and selling pottery didn't pay the bills. They called me up, offering me a job working as a biologist on border fence, making more money than I have ever made, and I took it. I was on a plane the next day to the place I hate the most, southern California, to drive around the sand dunes I worked in years ago looking for rare plants that were in the way of George Bush's fence. Two years later, and I am still selling my soul from San Diego, CA all the way to Brownsville, TX. Today though, I will quit and take back my soul, I will never be a biowhore again. The private sector is needed, but is not for me. I will be in Wyoming soon, counting birds in some of the most beautiful landscapes that I have never laid my eyes on.



A historic letter of resignation, Richard Nixon's for resigning as president.

No comments:

Post a Comment